AUDIO SAMPLE: Inspiration Mp3 (for purchase in sidebar)
Why is inspiration something that anyone needs? Well, lets first explore what inspiration is. It’s clear that the word inspiration comes from the word inspire, but what does inspire mean? The Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary defines inspiration in this way: “1 a: a divine influence or action on a person believed to qualify him or her to receive and communicate sacred revelation b : the action or power of moving the intellect or emotions c: the act of influencing or suggesting opinions 2 : the act of drawing in; specifically: the drawing of air int the lungs 3 a : the quality or state of being INSPIRED b : something that is inspired.” The definition of inspired : outstanding or brilliant in a way or to a degree suggestive of divine inspiration.
When most people think of being inspired today, when you ask them what it means to be inspired, they don’t usually think or say anything about the divine. Most often, inspiration is relegated to being something, anything that is influential in a positive way, and that’s it. The divine has been replaced with positive. God has been replaced by positive.
But what might happen, if we believed that our inspiration comes from that which is divine, heavenly, supernatural?
If we believed we received divine inspiration perhaps:
- We might be more inclined to act on inspiration rather than sit on it. I mean think about it, when you just know that this is something that God has given, you can have a bit more confidence to do it.
- We might be less inclined to be proud and boastful, as if the great results of our action were because of our greatness and what we came up with on our own.
- We might treat one another better, as if we and they are divinely connected.
Inspiration moves you, whether it’s to do something or just to feel something. It’s an influence, so in some way it sways you. I know plenty of people think that they are islands of themselves and that they are sole captains of their own ships. But in fact, we are all influenced every day by the things we hear, see, feel, smell, and taste. Not only is inspiration something that everyone needs, but it it something that we cannot get away from, unless we have come to a place in life where our senses are no longer, and we cannot do any of the above.
Divine inspiration can make you want to leap like the woman in the picture above. Why? Because it gives life. One definition of inspire is to be breathed into. When one is divinely inspired, understands it, and accepts it, it truly feels like life has been breathed into you. That life then influences you in some way and produces benefits.
So what are some of the benefits of experiencing divine inspiration?
- Things are revealed to you that you would not see on your own
- Life doesn’t have to be mundane or boring
- Divine inspiration propels you forward
- You have the ability to live at an elevated level
- Being inspired one inspires others
- One can exhibit extraordinarily and brilliantly
- Through the demonstration of inspiration one can see God
- The purpose of God is revealed
- Your perspective on life is influenced
- Divine inspiration makes one curious
Certainly the above are not the only benefits, but they look pretty good to me. To me, they all look like things I would want to experience in my life. What about you?
Are there at least three or four that right off the top you know that you want to experience more of them in your life?
Well, all it takes is a willingness on your part to open your heart and mind allow God to breathe purpose and ideas into you, and then, allow them to move you to feel, to know, to act, to exhibit, to demonstrate.
Living by divine inspiration is living by divine breath.